A Revolutionary Way of Straightening Teeth
For decades, traditional braces had been the only option for adults who wanted straighter teeth. The Invisalign System offers the first true alternative, by utilizing advances in 3-D imaging technology to create a series of customized plastic aligners.
It all begins with a visit to an Invisalign-certified orthodontist, who will help you determine what you’d like to correct. Next, the orthodontist sends us your precise treatment instructions. Invisalign then uses its proprietary computer technology to create a sequence of finely calibrated clear plastic aligners, as few as 12 or as many as 48, depending on your particular case.
- The appliances are made through Dr. Watterworth’s expertise and 3-D computer imaging technology.
- You wear each set ofaligners for 2 weeks, removing them only to eat, drink, brush, and floss.
- As you replace each appliance with the next in the prescribed series, your teeth will incrementally move, week by week – until they have straightened to the final position Dr. Watterworth has prescribed.
- You’ll visit Dr. Watterworth about once every 6 weeks to ensure that your treatment is progressing as planned.
- Total treatment time may average 9 – 24 months and the average number of appliances worn during treatment is between 18 and 40, but both will vary from case to case.